Being careful and attentive to all the happenings around your home can fetch you good rewards. There are many people who do not pay much attention to the security. They only lock up their front home door and leave their home just like that. They don’t even take out time from their busy schedule or spend some extra money to secure their home. This is just because of their negligence and lack of interest. And by the time they realize their mistake it would be too late to consider. So, why you should wait for the last moment? Be attentive all the time as even a small mistake or carelessness can invite thieves to enter your home and steal all valuables. A little awareness and willingness can protect your home from professional thieves. This guide will help you with some easiest and most effective home security tips which you can follow:
- Check the weakness and strengths of your security system. The best way would be planning your own burglarize. This will allow you to know the strengths and weaknesses of your security systems. It will also let you know what all precautions you can take to secure your home. You’ll discover any weaknesses in your security system that may have previously escaped your notice.
- Always make sure to lock your home properly even when you leave home for short durations. Check all the doors and windows of your house. People tend to forget to lock backyard door. Make sure you lock it. Burglars always keep a watch over it and an unlock door will allow them to enter.
Change your locks occasionally. You would never know how many copies of keys are out. Even when you shift from old house to a new one always remember to change the locks.
- There are many burglars who consider using windows to enter into a house. Manage to lock your windows. Use security glasses.
- Install an alarm system. Make sure the wiring is proper. Professional thieves normally search for place to brake-down the system.
- Your lights should be always switched on when you go out. This will shoo the burglars out. They will not get place to hide in your yard. You can also use timer lightings so that you don’t have to worry much your neighbors and friends to look after your house. If you have a faulty alarm that frequently goes off, get it fixed immediately and tell your neighbors that it’s been repaired. Many people ignore an alarm that goes off periodically.
- Avoid using a spring latch lock as the loiding expert can easily break it. Use internal locks while leaving from home.
- Make sure to change the lock completely when you lose your lock keys. While changing the lock hire a known professional so that you can trust the person.
- You can also give your keys to a known house keeper while leaving from house for several days. The person should be the one on whom you can trust and can leave your house. It is suggested to check all the references before relying on him completely.
- If you have a spare key then it is advised to bury it in your garden rather than keeping it in a spare mailbox or under the carpet as these all places will be easy for anyone to check out.
- Your main entrance should be well-lit. This will let you to see all the people who are entering your house.