When we are ready to repaint a room in our home or repaint the entire house for a fresh new look, we never assess various options that are available in the market. We simply choose the paint that we had earlier and finish our touch-up job. Don’t just dive into the job first without looking at a few paint alternatives. It is equally important to know what are the other and latest kinds of paints available in the market these days that can enhance the décor of our homes.
One of these alternatives is plastic emulsion paint. This particular paint that has gained immense popularity over the years. Unlike gloss paints that gives a very glossy finish these paints tend to give a matt effect and are often used tocover large areas. Water-based emulsion paint has many benefits over the usual paint that most people choose.
Benefits of Emulsion Paints:
- The first benefit is that since it is a water-based emulsion paint so it is less toxic as compared to other oil-based paints, which mean you do not have nasty odours, less VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and there will be less skin irritations.
- Emulsion paints are easy to apply and dries quickly (in about 1-2 hours). Much faster than other water based paints and oil-based paints.
- These water-based paints are ideal for ceilings and walls because they’re thick and easy to apply. They are humidity-resistant as well so they can be easily used in steamy rooms like kitchens or bathrooms.
- The surface of paint is tough and can be cleaned by washing with water. Exposure to water will not affect the quality or colour of emulsion.
- One of the big benefit of using an emulsion paint is that it can be painted on to any surface like metal radiators, wooden furniture, and of course walls, lining papered walls. These paints can be applied on many things. Applying emulsion to metal radiators will not affect the output of heat.
- You can also buy special emulsion paints with a glossier finish of your choice if you like and these can be used to paint skirting boards and frames.
- Emulsion offers your walls a smooth emulsion finish, offering the best value for your money.
- The colour of the paint is retained for a long period.
- Plastic emulsion paint can be used for various styles in painting. For example sponging, rag rolling, stencilling as well as crack glazing all utilize plastic emulsion paints.
- Using bright coloured plastic emulsion paints brightens up the dark areas of your house.
- The best thing about emulsion paints is that it is very easy to clean your house once the painting is done. If you find some drops of paint here and there on your floor then you can just wipe it off with a wet cloth and you are done. On the other hand oil based paints leave behind hard to remove stains all over your place.
Also See: Quick Tips On Paints