Almost all festivals in the world have a color of their own. Christmas is no different. Each color popularly used as Christmas Color scheme has some significance attached to it. The three most popular Color used traditionally for depicting Christmas are the Snow white color, Cherry or heart red and ever green color.
- Snow White: For many countries, it is winter during the month of December when Christmas is celebrated. Snow white is therefore a natural choice to be used as a color scheme. Often this is coupled with light blue to give a feeling of sky. White is the most popular color used for Christmas scheme as the color blends well with any kind of furniture or tapestry of the house. It is also easy to find white curtains and cushion cover to give completeness to the theme. Any kind for furniture ranging from wrought iron to wooden goes well with white color theme.
- Evergreen: Green as a color signifies life and is widely used for Christmas celebrations. It also goes along with the Green Christmas tree that is decorated during Christmas. Using green during Christmas is like having nature in the house. Evergreen shade is picked up from the use of evergreen pine or fir tree that is used as Christmas tree. This color is used along with Golden and silver color for highlighting decorative items.
Heart red: Red is considered as a Color of festivity and is used in almost all celebrations across the globe. It is also used during Christmas. Red is considered a color that lifts the mood and is a warm color. White, silver and gold make a nice contract to heart red and evergreen and the overall result is very soothing to the eyes.
- Combination of snow white, evergreen and red: As all the three colors are Christmas colors, a combination of the three colors is also popularly used. Generally, decorative wreaths are green in color, walls, curtains and cushions are white and other decorative items are a mix of heart red and evergreen. However, it is important to balance the colors in this theme.
- Rustic color theme: The home can be decorated using carved wooden ornaments, dried flowers, leaves, wooden beads, sticks and pine codes to give a rustic color theme. This goes well with wooden furniture and wooden doors. Hint of evergreen gives sprouting of life look to the decor. The Christmas tree can also be covered with wooden ornaments to complement the overall rustic color theme. Golden color can also be used along with wooden color to give the required glitter to the decor. White also goes well with rustic color theme and gives a contrasting effect.
- Modern color theme: Those who want to experiment with colors can go in for modern color theme using the color of choice like lavender, magenta etc. The color can be selected based on the overall decor of the room and the color of walls etc. It is important to have a color that goes along with the color of the walls rather than having something that looks good in the shelf but does not go well with the overall decor of the room. The best way to have the color of choice on multiple items that are traditionally not available in that color is to use spray paint. Christmas balls, hanging wreaths and even the Christmas tree can be sprayed with the color of your choice. This gives a completely new theme that might have never been explored before.
- Golden and Silver Color theme: Golden and Silver color theme can be used for Christmas as it give the required glitter to the overall decor of the room. In order to get the desired effect, a number of articles can be spray painted with golden or silver color. Wooden items like dried flowers, pine codes etc are popularly pained with golden or silver color and give a very attractive look to the tree. Also, lighting can be used effectively to add to the theme. Standard lighting sources like candles are effective in uplifting this theme. With modern lighting options, golden theme looks complete. The tree can also be sprayed with golden color and stem with silver color to give a contrasting look.