New Year is the time when people throw parties, enjoy festive drinks, share meals, decorate their homes and welcome the forthcoming year with open arms filled with joys and hopes. There is no better way to start a New Year than to have a party. Here we are going to discuss some tips that will help in elevating the mood of your guests on the New Year eve party. In order to make your guests feel special and elevated, decorate each and every part of the house with glitters and colors and encourage them to celebrate the past and welcome the future.
- Always try to choose a color theme before starting up with the decorations. Use a combination of at least two colors like blue and silver or any other glittery shades but no more than four colors should be used to decorate the house otherwise the room will look clumsy and shady. Bright colors like blue and red blended with shades of white and silver work great with more casual party. Whereas, black with silver and gold are best suited for a more formal affair.
- Decide on new years party budget before making any purchases as markets are flooded with variety of materials ranging from low priced to over priced ones, for the upcoming occasion of Christmas and New Year.
- To make your guests feel welcomed upon entering your home, pick a nice door mat for the event and place an appealing wreath on your door. To make the eve and decoration more extravagant adorn the door and outside passage of the house with flowers and LED lights. This will help your guests to know that they are at the right place.
- Decorate entrance gates, balconies and doors of other rooms with beautiful garlands. Hanging wreaths can also be used to decorate the doors and windows.
Decide which area of the house requires maximum attention for decoration. More decorations should be made in portions which are most visited by guests like living room and dining area.
- Cover table with table cloth teamed well with table runner. The color of the table cloth should be matched with the theme or color of the home decor.
- Try to match the theme and color of the room with the color of the cutlery you are planning to use on the New Year’s Eve party.
- Include various indoor and out-door games to amuse your guests and to keep the kids busy and entertained during the party hours.
- Party horns and noise makers can be used as they are traditional favors for midnight celebrations. Though the mood for celebration is across the neighborhood for New Year celebrations, care should be taken with loud sounds as it may be considered too disturbing by some of your neighbors.
- Either look or make a nice “Happy New Year’s Eve 2012” banner to add to your party.
- Decor the house with New Year balloons. Balloons are generally deflated during mid-night with pins when the clock strikes twelve. You can fill the balloon with small pieces of glittering paper to give a special effect when the balloon is deflated.
- Use silk and Saturn ribbons and flairs to decorate the room, to make the house look more festive and colorful.
- Use beautiful centerpieces to adorn your center and dining table. Various arrangements can be used such as flower arrangements and candle arrangements. Champagne bottle can also be used as a centerpiece along with champagne glasses around it.
- Place colorful scented candles all round the room to create the right ambience.
- As it is rightly said that way to someone heart is through his/her stomach. So try to make and serve best of the dishes on the New Year’s Eve to your guests along with wine and sizzling deserts.
- Wind chimes on the entrance door and glittery flowers on the ceiling and walls of the house can be used to give an elegant look to the house.
- Golden and silver colors should be used maximum to jazz up the decorations.
- Handmade decorative stuffs can also be used to embellish your home as it adds personal touch to the overall decorations.