There are various different ways in which people construct their homes. In most of the houses you will find Bay windows that make the area look more sophisticated and appealing.
In the olden days the Bay windows were often associated with Victorian art form which was very sophisticated and beautiful. This kind of window can also add to the flow of normal light to a room and give views of the outside that would not usually be obtainable with a normal window.
However, while having its rewards, you may have problem trying to shape out how to dress them up and make them more of an incorporated part of the rooms they are in, being that they fundamentally “stick” out from the rest of the room. In this article, my main focus would be to provide you some essential points that you need to know about the Bay windows.
- If you wish to highlight your bay windows with a clean-lined, modern style, drawing notice to each individual window with its own custom-fitted Roman shade will help to accentuate the window’s linear quality. You can select among a soft Roman shade, one which has soft, partly cover folds when the shade is lowered and a flat Roman shade, which has no wraps when lowered.
I would like to tell you that at the same time, the lasting pleats help to add a straight part to poise the window’s burly vertical linear personality. You can decide whether you want to mount the Roman shades within the window frame to highlight the structural design of the window or if you want to put the Roman shades exterior the window frame to present a tailored look to the window.
- You will see that another way to blend the look of the bay window with other decorative items is to give them a delicate touch so that they can look more luxurious and enthralling. You could decorate the bay windows by make a cornice (an ornamental box frame that is often made of wood and is close directly to the wall on top of a window in order to hide hardware) and cover or dye it. If you want you can also use long curtains and curtains to wrap the lower portion of the window in order to attain the best marks.
- Another thing that you must keep in mind is that the bay windows the central point of the room by using a valance (an ornamental panel of cloth used often at the tops of drapery and curtains to hide equipments) to help join the bay windows into one combined group, which makes them the central point of a room. This is often a great thought if you have many passionate basics in a room, as the attendance of the bay windows often adds to the romantic elegance of a room, particularly if the valance matches or attractively blends with the furniture of the room.
- Make sure you select the shades that would go well with the design of your window. This would give a new dimension to the look. Hues that look much like accordions and can be each raised from the bottom, lower from the head-rail, or both and have layers of spring-coloured material over the bay window. This not only gives more colours to the room, but their supple form gives the building a softer appearance. The colours that you choose would also help you in giving a brilliant look to the whole area.
- There are ample of ways in which you can create the Bay windows of your home without any trouble. You can also fit in them with the rest of the room’s fittings or make them rise out and be the central point of the room. While they can originally be demanding to work with, with just a little cleverness and thoughts, your bay windows can change the room they are in into a more stylish and attractive room.