The approach of New Year is signified by decorations in the house to welcome guests. The mood is uplifted by the idea of the approaching year and simultaneously to make some resolutions and amendments to the way of life. A lot of effort is spent in decorating the interiors of the house. However, the exterior of the house should not be ignored as a good packaging is required no matter how good or bad the product is.
The landscaping of the house plays an important role in the Outdoor decorations. It is therefore very important to plan the decorations before you start decorating the outdoors to get a clear idea of the output you are trying to achieve. Outdoor decorations can be done in two broad ways. One can be termed as random decorations where various decorative items can be placed at various places depending on the availability of space and decorative material with you. The second is where you go by a theme to decorate the outdoors. With proper planning, the random decorations may click for certain types of house however, the chances of theme based decorations going right are higher as they highlight the festive mood and are more focused. Therefore, having theme based decorations are preferred for New Year Decorations. Though any object can be used as a decorative item, there are certain decorative items that are associated with the New Year and are commonly used for New Year decorations. A lot of themes are associated with repeated use of any one object of decoration throughout the outdoors.
Some tips for outdoor decorations are:
- Use Banner: You can use a large banner in front of your house or on the outer wall of terrace with a New Year Message. Most of the New Year messages welcome the New Year. The banners showing the transition from old to New Year are also common. You can go for a catchy line to welcome the New Year. The banners clearly set the tone for the decorations and display your enthusiasm and mood for the coming New Year. A number of alternatives for Banners are available in the market to choose from. You can also go for custom banners by either getting them printed or purchasing paper and paint and drawing the Banner at home.
Use Balloons: Balloons are commonly used in New Year decorations. You can decorate the outside of your house with colorful balloons. Colorful balloons can be glued to the outer wall, outer terrace wall and on the entire landscaping of the house. You can also hang balloons on the plants and main gate of the house. Use of colorful balloons uplifts the mood for New Year celebrations. You can innovate by putting in fortune messages in balloons and ask your guests to pick up a balloon to see what luck New Year will bring to him.
- Use Stars: A common outdoor decoration for New Year includes use of stars. You can hang stars from the outer wall of the terrace, from the outer wall and from anything and everything available in the garden. The use of stars can be coupled with other type of decorative objects.
- Use Lights: The best way to highlight the landscaping of the house is to use lighting. There are a number of lighting options available in the market. You can go for colorful lights to set the mood for New Year. In case you are planning to throw a party for New Year, the outside of the house should be well lighted and you can use bright lighting options for decorations. You should be careful while installing lighting. Do not leave uncovered wires as it might lead to mishaps.
- Use Bells: Another commonly item used for New Year decoration is bells. You can use either actual bells or bells made of paper for outdoor decoration. The paper bells can be hanged form trees and outer walls. Wind chimes can also be used outside the house.
- Use Flowers: Both artificial and real flowers can be used for decorating the garden of the house. As a part of decoration, flower pots can also be placed on the driveway.
- Use Ribbons: You can use a lot of ribbon randomly placed over plants and walls for outdoor decorations.