In today’s busy lifestyle, where married couples hardly get any time for romance, decorating the bedroom in a romantic manner can work as a gateway in improving their love life. The bedroom decoration comprises of a mixture of few elements in such way that they make you feel better and relaxed. It creates a different mood and environment altogether. Decorating a romantic bedroom is not that difficult as it looks. It just requires a little bit of effort and a creative thought to build up a romantic and lovely place. Here are some tips to turn your bedroom into a room which would not only include relaxation but also love and comfort:
- Color: Colors play an important role in building up a romantic environment. Colors help in setting warmth in the room. It is suggested not to use too bright colors like dark blue or green for walls as these colors do not compliment much with the skin tones and thus creates a cold environment. You can use earthy colors and neutral tones like beiges to color the walls. These colors get easily flatter with the skin and create a romantic environment. You can also go for warm colors like yellows, oranges and reds. These colors too add spice to the bedroom decor.
- Bed textures: Another important element is the selection of a good bed texture. Bed textures like sateen sheets, pillows, and silk bedspread etc. helps in building up romantic mood. It is advised to use soft and comfortable bed sheets and mattresses which feel good against your skin.
- Lighting: Lighting is a key element in setting up the right mood. It is advised not to use bright lights in bedroom as these lights fail to create warmth in the environment. Always use dim lights as they make you and your partner relaxed and comfortable. An easy and cost effective way is to install dimmer switches. You can also use colorful lighting to create an intimate feeling. These are relatively inexpensive and can be used to decorate the bedroom. Colorful black and red lights are commonly used to build up a soothing and relaxed environment.
- Decoration: While decorating the bedroom you should be careful while choosing the right kind of accessories to display. It is important that every item in the room should be beautiful and attractive. Following are different ways to decorate your room:
- You can place favorite prints in unusual frames or display favorite paintings and sculptures that reflect you and your partner feeling and personality. You can also place pictures of you and your partner in a simple frame on the bedside.
- Place few colorful flowers in vase on the bedsides. Avoid using huge bunches of flower.
- You can also use scented candles to illuminate and decorate the room. Candle lights make the room look sexier and more intimate.
- Use scents, fragment room fresheners or scented sachets of lavender or rose to add spice to the room decor.
- You can also use music to create a great ambiance. The music should be soft and meaningful.
Things to avoid:
Image Courtesy:- http://www.savvyhousekeeping.com/