The sizes of homes these days are becoming smaller and smaller. With smaller homes come even smaller kitchens which need to be furnished and decorated very cleverly to manage cooking and goods. Setting up smaller kitchens is now a very important task keeping in mind the homeowners needs as well as the kitchen size.
Kitchen counters, islands, pantries, cabinets and sinks are some of the most important parts of kitchen decor that needs special attention and work cannot be done without them. Thus, to make the best of small kitchen, it is necessary to have furniture and appliances that blends in and makes it a workable and pleasant place. Two important elements to keep in mind when renovating a kitchen are your kitchen designs and functionality.
As per a popular survey, kitchen was top on the list when people were asked what they needed to be repaired or modified. In small apartments the kitchen is mostly single or double shaped. There are three main elements in the kitchen: the stove, fridge and the sink. If we place these three things in the perfect location, than we can get proper space and cooking and other things will be much easier,
Here are some tips on how your smaller kitchen can be remodeled:
- We can use some of the built in facilities that will give us some free space in our kitchen area such as built in ovens and other appliances. Using these techniques we can get more space and it will look less messy.
- For clean look, we can use the same built in storage for foods like potatoes, onions and bread etc that will also give the kitchen the clean and attractive look.
- We can use mixer and toasters in sliding shelves, by using this system these accessories will remain hidden and also will be easy to get.
- Wire basket increases the effectiveness for our small kitchen, as keeping a wire basket inside a cabinet or under the sink to hold trash bags.
- Using large tiles will help the small kitchen appear larger. Using natural and artificial lighting will get illusion of a larger kitchen than it’s the reality.
- We can also use a gallery kitchen design in which the cabinets and appliances that are line up on either side of the corridor. These designs can work out well regarding space for our small kitchen.
- White or stainless steel appliances and white kitchen cabinets increase small kitchens visually. In general lighter colours and mirrors will make any small space appear larger.