A steam bath is one of an oldest bath. Steam bath by its name itself says the bath which is taken in the steam. Steam bath was first very popular in ancient Greeks and Romans. Steam bath is known for giving relaxation and peace in mind. It gives relaxation to our body and muscles. It deep cleanses the skin and gives it a glow. It provides relief from joints pains and any muscular pain. Moreover they immune our system and enhance it. Steam bath also improves blood circulation and sinus congestion. Doctors also recommend breathing steam if you have any kind of respiratory or skin issues. Be it asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis and allergies, steam is one of the best treatment one can have to treat them.
You can also use steam bath for acne treatment and any other skin diseases. Steam opens the pours of the skin and allows the skin to take more oxygen and nutrients and nourishes your skin. It is effective against any joint and muscular pain. Scientifically, steam bath expands the blood vessels and increases the blood circulation. This allows more oxygen and nutrients to enter into the damaged parts of your body. It is also one of the great ways to relieve stress. Spending regular steam bath can quite possibly have impact on your health, body, and spirit.
Some of the health benefits are listed down:
A steam bath is excellent for health. Following are some of the benefits that you can get from taking a regular steam bath.
- Eases stress and tensions
- Bronchial Asthma
- Relief from stiff joints
- Enhances the immune system
- Increasing blood circulation
- Release you from stress and tensions.
- Reduces nasal, sinus and chest congestion
- Reduces body pains
- Reduces allergies
- Make your skin glow
- Makes your skin clear and healthy
- Reduces acne and other skin diseases or allergies.
- Beneficial for migraine
- Relief from joints and muscular pain
- Refresh your body and mind
- Helps to induce sound sleep
- Relaxes your body and muscles
- Lymph detoxification
- Helps in burning calories
Some steps to guide you how you should take steam bath:
If you are taking steam bath for the first time then don’t forget to take a shower. It is advised to take a shower before going for the steam bath. If you are comfortable in removing cloths then you can remove all your clothes and then sit for the steam bath or else you can wear a loose cotton wrap. Make sure you do not wear very tight clothes as they can imbalance your body temperature. You can now enter the sealed cabin to experience the steam bath. It is advised not to exceed the time over 15-20 minutes in the cabin. Come out from the cabin and allow your body to cool with warm water. Make sure you do not take more than three sessions of the steam bath in a week.
Some tips which you should consider before going for steam bath:
- Do not have heavy meals before going for Steam bath. You are required not to have meals for at least an hour before going and after taking steam bath.
- Drink plenty of water
- Always take short durations of bath when you are doing for the first time. You can sit for 10 to 12 minutes.
- If you have a sensitive skin, then place a cool towel on your face while taking the steam bath.
- In order to recover from exertion you are advised to take a salty meal and drink plenty of water after a steam bath. The meals should be taken only after one hour.