With a variety of options available in terms of getting your house decorated, you would need to go for the best materials that would be able to bring out the essence of your house. With a lot of people trying to select from a variety of flooring options, you would need to decide as to which kind of flooring you would like to give to your house. There are a variety of options regarding the different kinds of flooring, and then going for marble flooring would certainly sound to be a better option. Not only is it extremely good to look at, but it can also give you the necessary amount of durability, something which is missing in most of the flooring options. There are always some advantages and disadvantages about the different types of flooring, and the advantages of marble flooring have been given below.
The advantages of marble flooring
- The first advantage is that you would find about marble flooring is the design patterns that it can form on the floor. It is extremely good, and with a little spending power, quality of marble gets better. The designs which are typical of marble flooring are exquisite, and with a very good budget, you would be able to go for good exquisite Marbles which can adorn your floor. It is actually one of the most elegant flooring styles, and can certainly give your house the look of prosperity and ensure that you would be able to get a good value for the resale of that house.
- Marble flooring is extremely durable, and it can certainly bring about a good amount of change in your house. Being extremely durable, it can withstand any sort of external pressure, and any sudden change of weight can easily be handled by this material.
- Marbles have an everlasting appeal. It does not get older very easily, and it can certainly bring about the necessary elegance to a particular floor. Marble floors are scratch free, and resistant to most of the things. This would not only ensure that you would be able to get a very good idea about the different aspects of using marbles, but would also be considering. It is a viable option.
There are also some disadvantages of marble flooring, and some of them have been listed below.
The disadvantages of marble flooring
- There is enormous amount of waste generated in cutting the marble tiles. When marbles are caught up and put on the floor, then there is a lot of wastage, something which can be called collateral damage, but nevertheless it makes you lose money. Hence, it could be a better idea for you to go for any other sort of flooring that can actually have reduced wastage, as well as cost less.
- Inserting marbles in floors is very much time consuming, and it would require only skilled technicians and laborers, which is something that requires a lot of money. If you do not have the financial capability to tackle such a huge expanse, then it is best that you leave aside the marble flooring and go for some other sort of material. The look of the marble flooring can be exquisite, but without the financial capability, there is no reason to break your bank for such a product.
- Marble floors are known to be extremely heavy, due to the marbles that have been inserted into it. You need to make sure that when you go for the design calculation of your house, you include such features. If you don’t, then the house is likely to be buckling under the pressure of the added weight if its not on the ground floor.
- The amount of maintenance, which is required marble flooring, is only tantamount to stone flooring. Both of them require a high degree of maintenance, and you would require skilled professionals so that the cleaning process can be done with the highest degree of efficiency.
The above-mentioned advantages and disadvantages would help you to decide as to whether you would need to go for marble flooring or not.