In order for you to get your house in a good shape, you must ensure that you decorate it with the best possible products. The flooring of the house is particularly important, because it portrays a good sense of hygiene, as well as brings about the necessary richness within a house. There are a lot of people that prefer to go for stone flooring, and it happens to be one of the best methods to make your building sound extremely robust and rich. With such factors in mind, it would be a terrific advantage on your part to ensure that you go for stone flooring. It would also bring about the entire worth of your house to a good value. Keeping the best possible intentions to make your house one of the grandest, it would be extremely good if you managed to bring about the necessary stone flooring in your home.
There are a lot of disadvantages as well as advantages for stone flooring, and some of them have been given below, so as to give you an idea about the entire concept.
The advantages of stone flooring:-
- The first and foremost advantage that you would get about stone flooring is that it is extremely durable. The lifespan of a stone floor is known to span some centuries, and the old castles of yesteryears have still existed till the modern times. It only goes to show the amount of hardships the stone can withstand and the amount of wear and tear that it can go through.
- The valuation of your house would grow manifold and it would get a very good resell value if you managed to install stone flooring in your house. Stone flooring can be costly, but it would entirely depend upon the variation of the stones that you would install in your house.
- When you use stones as a base material for your floors, then you are using a substance which is eco-friendly, as it is a product of mother Earth. It is considered an eco-friendly product, and due to the huge amount of stone that is present in the crust, you find the use of such material to be extremely good for the betterment of the environment. Using artificial products in this case would not at all be a welcome thing.
- The availability of stones is also something that would slowly tide the favor on behalf of stone flooring. You would be also able to purchase it locally, and it would be of a good quality. You need to check with your local distributor, and it can certainly help you if you manage to get the best kind of stones to be at your disposal.
Along with the various types of advantages, there are also a few disadvantages that has been given below.
The disadvantages of stone flooring: –
- The first disadvantage that a stone falling would have over any sort of traditional flooring is the amount of maintenance required. Stone flooring requires maintains, and regular washing and cleaning every alternate day, and if you do not do so, then the stones would start to deteriorate. This is a very time-consuming process, and that is the main reason that stone flooring is not introduced within any house.
- If you do not have the necessary amount of people to take care of the stone flooring, then you would have to hire them. The hire charges for cleaning of stones are not something that can be done by people of moderate means. Hence, stone flooring has till now been restricted to people who have a good amount of income every month.
- The maintenance work, which is required on the stone flooring, is extremely vital, as the longevity of the stones would depend upon experienced people taking a look at it and ensuring that they would be able to bring about the repair work of such stones at the earliest.
The above-mentioned advantages and disadvantages should be enough for you to judge as to whether stone flooring is something that is up your alley or not. The introduction of stone flooring can certainly bring about a good feel within your own home.