There has always been a great debate and confusion on the advantages and disadvantages of glass partitions. Some managers feel that the highest efficiency of a team can be achieved by segregating them, so that there is no disturbance and distraction from other team mates. While some managers believe, healthy and interactive ambience is the key for utmost productivity.
Various advantages of glass partition in an office:
- Looks: glass partition gives a professional look to the office which will ultimately influence and impress potential clients.
- Variety: various types of glass partitions are available in the market to suit the office.
- Visibility: glass partitions can also be set up so that natural light is not blocked and thus saves energy.
- Low cost: dividing a room using glass partition is much cheaper then building traditional walls for separation.
- Sound proof: glass partition is usually installed for achieving transparency and complete sound privacy.
Other benefits of glass partitions are:
- Efficiency– The greatest financial reward of having glass partition is to reduce dependency on lights in office throughout the day. This means use of less electricity in office and thus saving lots of money, throughout the year. This not just helps the company in saving electricity and money but it also has a positive effect on the environment. Glass partition reduces company’s footprints and increases energy efficiency.
Productivity– One of the main selling reason of glass partition in office is that it enhances efficiency and productivity among the work force. This helps the employee to carry out work more quickly and thus can improve company’s work to a greater extent, which ultimately facilitate company to save time, money and resource and enable the company to take on more business and easily manage all the work.
- Corporate look– With the increase in competition globally, it is very important for a company to work efficiently and be at its best. To win a new client for the company is becoming increasing hard. Glass partition provides a slick, beautiful look and feel to the office. For big and long term aspirations and to impress clients, this change or use of glass partition is suggestible.
- Flexibility– The final financial advantage of glass partition installed is that it gives a great amount of flexibility. Glass partitions can be easily remounted and can be moved from one place to another in case extra space is needed or a segment is to be made in a particular area of the office. In such a case, glass partitions are very helpful and feasible. If one needs to change the layout of the office with the traditional walls, then it becomes a tedious and costly affair for the company. Glass partition can be demounted very easily and with no extra cost. The biggest advantage of glass partition lies in its flexibility. The layout of the office can be changed from time to time depending upon the needs and circumstances, which can be a boundation with other partition options.
Image Courtesy:- http://coolshire.com