Colours play a very important role in our life. They are the most important element in interior designing for decorating the room or house. Painting the room with colors build a different mood altogether. They make the room or house calm and peaceful to live. They also help in creating a warm and welcoming environment.
Nothing transforms your home as quickly or easily as a new coat of paint. You can paint the room with fresh coats of colour and this will instantly cleans and updates your home and make it a wonderful place to stay and relax. This is one of the simplest and cheapest home improvements you can make. You can even paint your house on your own and can save money. Painting the room is a fun. It is a real time pass. So if you are free this weekend you can make the best use of your time by painting your house with your favourite colors. Just all you need is paint, brush and little planning. And as it is a challenging job and need a little consideration, you have to be a bit cautious as to how to play with colors.
Here are few tips which you should keep in mind while painting your room or house:
Start the job in right way
You just need a right start and then everything is quite simple. All you have to keep in mind is planning. Brush, paint, rollers, screw driver, old paper, paper bags and cloth are some of the things which you should have right in place before you start painting your area. The things in right place will make your work enjoyable and convenient.
- The next thing is a proper planning. You should make sure that you have all the colour paints of your choice. Check the colors once again before coating them on the wall.
- Colours should match with the functionality of the room. Choose something to suit your personal style. Have a proper look at the rooms you plan on repainting, consider their size, shape, function and the type of furniture they hold. For example it is important to use light tones of colors in bedroom and living area as these help in creating a calm and welcoming environment. Make sure you do not use hues of blue colour in kitchen as the colour does not go with the appetite. As well as decide the colour scheming with your family members before making the final decision.
- Gather all the furniture and accessories in your room a day before you start your painting. Take out all the hangings like paintings or photographs on the wall. Remove all the fixtures if possible or you can cover them with plastic bags. Cover windows and doors so that while painting the paint does not splash on them. Remove light bulbs and lamps placed in the room.
- Fill up the cracks or holes on the walls with plaster or cement and apply premier. Make sure you fill the cracks and patches and allow them to dry for at least 48 hours.
- Zip all your switch plates, fixtures, knobs etc. with separate plastic bags. You can also use shower cap to cover them.
- Always remove wallpaper before painting.
- Keep rooms well ventilated while working.
Get yourself ready
- Make sure you have a proper clothing to cover yourself while painting. Wear a scarf to cover your face and shower cap to cover your hair.
- Avoid wearing short sleeve shirts and short pants while painting. Always wear shirt with full sleeves and long trousers as these will protect you from splits of paint on your body.
- Wear suitable eye protection to prevent eye damage from splashes.