The principles of Vastu Shastra can be applied while constructing any part of the building or home. It is said that as per Vastu there should be no vacant space under the house. If you have a basement under your home, then renovate it with by following the rules of vastu. Basements are typically used for storing things like furnace, water heater, or air-conditioning system and therefore are left vacant and are not cleaned and maintained. This article deals with how and where one should have basement under their home.
Tips while creating a basement:
- As per Vastu Shastra it is suggested to construct a basement in the North direction or the East direction of your house. The North and East positions of basement should be left vacant as these directions are considered as very auspicious.
- It is advised not to build basement under your entire house. Basements which are constructed covering the entire area of the house are not considered as auspicious.
- According to rules of Vastu Shastra the basement should never be used for living. It should not be renovated as bed room or guest room. As it is constructed under the building or house therefore should be avoided for residential purposes. However you can use it as a store room or a dump yard to store unnecessary things. Also you can open an office in that place.
- It is believed that North and East directions of the basement should be kept vacant. It is advised not to keep any heavy materials or equipment on that portion. The auspicious rays obtained from Sun enter into the room only from these two directions and keeping heavy items can cause adverse effect on your business and health.
- South and west portion of the basement are best to keep heavy materials like furnace, water heater, or air-conditioning system.
- The basement should be always of rectangular or square shape as it allows the positive rays to spread all over the room which are coming from the North and East directions. An odd shape basement is not preferred as per rules of Vastu Shastra. The odd shape obstructs the flow of positive energy and thus causes losses, health problems etc.
- If you are using basement for storing water then as per Vastu Shastra it is considered as auspicious. However make sure that you have water tank only in North East or North West directions of your basement. You can also use East and North portions to store water. If you have kept the water tank in South or West side of your basement then it is advisable to change the direction as soon as possible as it can cause adverse effect on you and your family members.
- It is advisable to keep light things on the North East direction. Heavy and big equipments kept on this direction will bring in negative energy into your home and basement. You can keep heavy items in south, south west, south East or west portions of your basement. However make sure the items kept in the Northwest direction of the basement should be lighter than the items kept on the South East direction. As per Vastu Shastra heavy items means things made of iron or heavy metals.
- The basement should be cleaned and maintained on regular basis as clutter spread over the room can obstruct good rays to enter into it. Also make sure that your basement has enough windows for ventilation.