While forming a cool and solid home, it is necessary to see whether your wall colors and furniture colors compliment each other or not. It is better if you try to coordinate particular colors as opposed to color families. Your house must be decorated in soothing style. While selecting furniture and colors keep your own personality in your mind and try to cover in your selection with things which you are at ease or else, all your hard work will go in vain. It is a wise decision of using some of the accessories such as wall decorative, gorgeous round wall mirrors, carpets, curtain tie-backs, and tassels which will help in ameliorate your room. But, colors and furniture will bring the immediate effects.
Furniture that is upholstered in dark colors, heavy textured fabric or skirted with fabric will look more massive and can crowd a small room.Furniture in light colors, smooth textures and exposed legs will tend to give even a small room a light, airy appearance. You can keep below these tips in your mind.
Here are some designer tips to help you choose the furniture color:
- Review the available amount of light in the room which you are decorating. Lighter palette will be the best to use when there are few and small windows in the room. Lighter colors will actually give expensive and airy look and darken colors will help to produce excitement to a wide room.
- After evaluating which palette (darker or lighter) would be best for the room you are decorating; now the time comes when you require to select specific color families for the walls and furniture. You can select particular color scheme. A piece which is connected with the sentimental value of you can be very prominent in your decision.
- Choose your wall color according to couch or an antique coffee table which you own since long time. You could enhance the value of your house by proper selection of furniture and colors. You could use light and neutral colors in small and large rooms; however, rich and deep colors would be best for only large rooms. Make sure not to match the inspirational furniture color exactly to your wall color, a part from that, you may choose a complementary color. Like, if emerald green color is on the part of your furniture, select soft and lighter shade for your wall color.
- Once you complete with your wall color selection, start filling the room with furniture which co-ordinate with the original piece of furniture and colors of your wall. You can start following the piece which is balance to original piece with an extension of your personality. It is also notable that light woods (Like oak) look gorgeous when paired with light color palettes and dark woods (Like cherry) can enhance style to both the light and dark colors.
- You could also mix colors and patterns as long as they are in complementary or similar color families. Make sure, the piece you buy for your room should locate by itself against the wall.
Image Courtesy:- http://www.arrigoniwood.com