- The Dining room should be located in west side of the building. If it is in the east or north it is tolerably good. Any direction is suitable for a Dining room, provided it is close to the Kitchen and has sufficient light and enough privacy from outside.
- It should be on the same floor as of the kitchen, because crossing of stairs while carrying the food is not suitable to some extent.
- While having the food the head of the family should sit facing the east.Others should sit facing the north and west.While no one should sit facing south.If this happens unnecessary quarrels will take place.
DOOR TO THE DINING ROOM:
- The dining hall should have a door in the east, north or west.
- The door of the dining room and the main entrance door of the house should not face each other directly.
- The dining table should not be round, egg shaped, hexagonal shape or irregular shapes. It should be square or rectangular.
- The dining table should not be attached to any wall.
- There should be no arches.
WASH BASIN IN A DINING ROOM:
- Wash basins should be in the north or east leaving south east and south west corners.
- There should not be any attached toilet in the dining room. The smell from the toilet can be putting off, for the diners.
TV AND ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES:
- Electrical appliances like refrigerator should be in south-east direction. Avoid placing the Television in the dining room.
COLOURS FOR THE DINING ROOM:
- The walls of the dining hall should have light blue, yellow, saffron or light green colour and shades of pink or orange. The Scientific Reasoning – Some of these shades are thought to stimulate the appetite. Also having light colours makes the room appear brighter and bigger.
- Portraits of nature and paintings with soothing colours, in the dining room makes the atmosphere happy.